Ronald McDonald House at Boston Harbor is seeking a volunteer to work overnights and a weekend shift from their own home. Reporting to the Program Manager, this caring and reliable individual will be on call to provide emergency support services for guest families between the hours of 8pm and 8am. The services will be non-medical in nature, so no medical training is necessary. The Overnight Program Supervisor is required to be on-site from 12am-6am, but is not expected to stay awake during their shift, and overnight emergencies are exceptionally rare. The person working in this position would be a resident of Harborview at the Navy Yard. The Overnight Program Supervisor must be comfortable working with people from diverse ethnic and social backgrounds.
This position offers a flexible schedule that will be coordinated around the individual???s availability, but preference will be given to volunteers who can commit to regular, consecutive shifts (ie: Monday-Friday, weekends, or entire weeks and/or months). Ronald McDonald House at Boston Harbor will forward the 24 hour emergency number to the volunteer???s ??personal cell phone for the hours that they are on-call. The Overnight Program Supervisor will be expected to keep the charged phone within earshot for the entire duration of their shift. If an emergency arises, they will attend to the guest???s needs immediately as well as report the incident via email to the Program Manager. Training on proper protocol and procedure will be provided. ??
- Be on-call from 8pm to 6am in the event of a lockout or other non-medical emergency
- Be physically on property from 12am to 6am
- Communicate with Program Manager or other staff and volunteers as needed
- Attend quarterly volunteer meetings
- Be an ambassador for the program and help to expand program volunteer base ??
- 18 years of age or older
- Willing and able to pass a CORI background check and/or provide personal references
- Willing and able to sign a liability release form
- Resident of HarborView Apartments - 250 1st Ave, Charlestown, MA
- Fluent in English
- Does not ingest sleep aids or other substances that would prevent them from being able to perform duties
- Proven ability to initiate problem solving and remain flexible
- Strong communication skills
If you are interested in this positon, please send an email to email@example.com.