Established in 1992, the Smart Choices Program is designed to strengthen the capacity of agencies located in Charlestown to meet the health and human service needs of the community. Over $4.5 million dollars has been invested in the community since its inception.
The goal of Smart Choices is to help community based organizations address the health priorities of the community and to work together to increase their impact and reach.
Application Deadline: 12pm, Noon of Friday, May 18, 2018
Award Amount: One year grants up to $25,000 have been awarded annually. The Total amount to be allocated in 2018 is up to $180,000.
Funding period: July, 2018- May, 2019
Questions: Judi Foley, Managing Director, Investments in Health
firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-279-2217
In application materials: begin by opening guidelines, on page 2 is the link to the application login
Funding for 1 year will be awarded to organizations:
- Serving the Charlestown community
- Delivering programming that is responsive to the needs of the community
- That provide outreach to hard to engage populations
- Or groups of applicants who believe they can make a positive impact on youth and families
- Additional consideration will be given to those proposals that address one or more of the health priorities outlined in the 2015 & 2016 Community Health needs Assessment Reports & Implementation Plans. Please find the assessments at: http://www.massgeneral.org/cchi/assets/pdf/community-health-needs-assessment-implementaion-plan-2016.pdf