Ronald McDonald House at Boston Harbor is seeking to partner with organizations of all sizes who want to offer employees a regular opportunity to improve the lives of children with cancer or other critical illnesses. As a member of our Corporate Volunteer Program, groups of 2-10 individuals will participate an activity of their choice, bringing valuable skills and interests to the Ronald McDonald House at Boston Harbor community. Activities include: cooking dinner for up to six families, repainting apartments, participating in or assisting with events, leading Family Night activities, hosting drives to collect in-kind donations, and other opportunities that may arise.
Members of our Corporate Volunteer Program must commit to participating in one volunteer activity per quarter Members of our Corporate Volunteer Program will cover the cost of all supplies needed for each event. The number of volunteers allowed will vary based on the activity. All volunteers who visit the property must sign a waiver and pass a CORI background check.
- Designate point-person to communicate with Program Manager or other staff as needed
- Participate in four volunteer opportunities annually (one per quarter)
- Provide materials for the activity or make a donation for the amount needed to cover the cost of supplies
- Provide constructive feedback to help improve the Corporate Volunteer Program
- Be an ambassador for Ronald McDonald House at Boston Harbor
Qualifications (for On-site Activities):
- All volunteers must be 16 years of age or older
- Willing and able to pass a CORI background check and provide personal references
- Willing and able to sign a liability release form
- Fluent in English
- Comfortable in a small group setting
- Understanding of and sensitivity to the health issues and limitations of the population served
If you or your company is interested in this program or have questions, please send an email to email@example.com.